- Handmade in Germany.
- Rear-panel ground-lift switch.
- Occupies 2 RU of rack space.
- Balanced XLR inputs and outputs.
- Per-channel volume control for easy monitoring mix.
- Ultraclean transformerless design with up to 60 dB of gain.
- Clean studio-grade headphone amplifier (mono/stereo switchable).
- Two studio-quality 1/4" instrument inputs with very high impedance.
- 60 Hz low-cut filter removes pops and rumble without signal degradation.
- Switchable -20 dB pad for handling high-level sources up to 28 dB without distortion.
Handmade and sonically pristine, the Neumann V 402 is a rackmount 2-channel microphone, instrument, or line preamplifier, painstakingly designed to deliver the true sound of your source at any gain setting. Its transformerless circuitry ensures detailed sound without coloration, and its onboard studio-grade headphone amp enables convenient monitoring of your live inputs.
With up to 60 dB of gain, switchable -20 dB pads, and 60 Hz high-pass filters, you can easily dial in and optimize your signal while avoiding distortion and degradation. Front-panel DI inputs make the V 402 equally ideal for Hi-Z instruments such as electric guitar and bass, as well as dynamic and condenser microphones.
Each channel also provides selectable 48V phantom power, switchable polarity, and a multi-segment meter. Separate volume controls allow you to adjust the balance for the monitoring mix, which feeds the front-panel 1/4" headphone output.