- IN-CAMERA SHAKE REDUCTION (SR): The PENTAX digital SLR K series cameras are equipped with the SR mechanism built into the camera body. Because shake reduction is applied in the camera body, this means that any lens compatible with the K-Series cameras will benefit from image stabilization.
- HIGH IMAGE QUALITY: By using three ED glass lens elements and two super-low dispersion glass lens elements, a clear image is achieved with less chromatic aberration. Thanks to the 20 elements sharp images are captured even at the edges at any given focal length.
- HD COATING TO ENHANCE IMAGING POWER: Produce high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness, free of flare and ghost images.
- SUPER PROTECT (SP) COATING: This PENTAX-original technology uses a fluorine coating that is applied to the front surface of the lens. This prevents adhesion of dust, water drops, grease and other substances, whilst making it easier to clean.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION: The lens offers protection against water drops making it highly reliable, even when shooting outdoors.
- CLOSE UP SHOOTING: High-quality optics provide a minimum focusing distance of 0.95 meters, allowing for use in a variety of situations.
- BUILT-IN RING SDM (SUPERSONIC DIRECT-DRIVE MOTOR): By adopting a ring SDM design, it gives high torque which enables a quieter and smoother AF operation when compared to AF operation directly in the camera and is easy and comfortable to use when focusing.
1. A compact and lightweight telephoto zoom lens that's perfect for every journey.
The compact, lightweight design weighs 819 grams (approx.), this zoom lens covers the 35mm image circle of full-frame DSLRs, and provides a focal length range of 70mm to 210mm which is ideal for handheld outdoor photography. When mounted on an APS-C camera, its focal length range is extended to the equivalent of 107mm to 322mm in the 35mm format. The optics consist of 20-elements in 14-group, which incorporate three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and two anomalous dispersion glass elements to deliver high-contrast, high-resolution images with edge-to-edge sharpness, while effectively compensating for distortion and chromatic and coma aberrations. In addition to a minimum focusing distance of 0.95 meters, the lens barrel was designed not to extent during operation to keep the overall dimensions intact. This allows the photographer to actively enjoy active outdoor photography in a wide range of shooting situations, including landscape photography, townscape shooting taking advantage of a beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect in the foreground and background, close-up photography of animals and plants, as well as sports and wildlife photography where its portable design really comes in handy.
2. HD Coating to enhance the imaging power of your camera
This lens features the latest HD Coating from PENTAX. Compared to conventional multi-layer coatings, this high-grade, multi-layer coating not only improves light transmission, but also reduces average reflectance in the visible light range by more than 50 percent, minimizing the adverse effects of flare and ghosting even in demanding lighting conditions where the subject is backlit.
3. Weather-resistant construction, perfect for outdoor photography
This zoom lens features a weather-resistant construction to prevent the intrusion of water into the lens barrel. When mounted on a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting situations — even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
4. SP Coating to repel stains
This lens features SP (Super Protect) Coating on its front surface. Applied by means of a PENTAX-exclusive fluorine deposition process, this coating is highly repellent to water, grease and dirt, making it easy to wipe off stains such as fingerprints. This frees the photographer from worries in outdoor photography.
5. Built-in SDM
This lens incorporates a ring-type SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) to assure quiet, high-speed AF operation and improve operability in outdoor shooting.
6. Other features
・Quick-shift Focus System, to provide instant shift to manual-focus operation, after locking
the subject in focus during AF operation by pressing the shutter-release button halfway down
・Two-step focus range limiter, to minimize AF operation time
・Nine-blade, round-shaped diaphragm, to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect,
while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
・Electromagnetic diaphragm control,* to provide high-precision exposure control during video shooting
* Available when mounted on a PENTAX K-1 Mark II, K-1, K-3 II, K-3, KP, K-70, K-50, K-S2 or K-S1 camera body