IN-CAMERA SHAKE REDUCTION (SR): The PENTAX digital SLR K series cameras are equipped with the SR mechanism built into the camera body. Because shake reduction is applied in the camera body, this means that any lens compatible with the K-Series cameras will benefit from image stabilization.
PENTAX STAR SERIES LENS: A new-generation, high-performance Star-series lens delivering superb imaging quality and exceptional resolving power.
HIGH IMAGE QUALITY: By using three super ED glass lens and aspherical lens elements, a clear image is achieved with less chromatic aberration. Thanks to the 12 elements, sharp images are captured even at the edges at any given focal length.
HD COATING TO ENHANCE IMAGING POWER: Produce high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness and free of flare and ghost images.
NEWLY DEVELOPED RING-TYPE ULTRASONIC WAVE MOTOR SDM: Generating a torque approximately 1.3 times that of the unit installed in the HD PENTAX-D FA50mm f1.4 SDM AW, this new SDM assures flawless, high-speed autofocus operation.
ALL WEATHER (AW): This lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior.
ROUNDED DIAPHRAGM: Nine-blade, round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect up to an aperture of F2.8.
1. New-generation, high-performance Star-series lens to deliver ideal image quality Anticipating the further advancement of SLR camera bodies in the future, PENTAX has designed this lens to deliver extra-clear, high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness by compensating various aberrations to a minimum, while greatly enhancing resolving power — two factors absolutely essential in the next-generation Star series. It provides exceptionally high imaging performance even at open aperture, a beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect and outstanding image rendition at close ranges — all reasons why it produces high-quality, well-defined images. It also boasts an extra-large F1.4 maximum aperture, useful with many different subjects in a range of applications, including portraiture with an effectively defocused background, handheld shooting of indoor scenes and scenic photography. It helps the camera to produce a bright, clear viewfinder image that will inspire the photographer’s creativity and imagination.
2. State-of-the-art optical technology This lens incorporates three Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements to effectively minimize chromatic aberration, and a glass-molded aspherical optical element to effectively compensate for spherical and comatic aberrations and field curvature to deliver extra-clear, high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness, even at open aperture. It also reduces distortion to nearly zero at a focusing distance of four meters to deliver well-defined, distortion-free images over the entire focusing range, from the minimum focusing distance to infinity. This lens is also treated with high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating, which reduces average reflectance in the visible ray spectrum to less than 50% of conventional multi-layer coatings, effectively reducing flare and ghost images to a minimum even in demanding lighting conditions such as backlighting. HD is the abbreviation of High Definition.
3. Newly designed, large ring-type SDM In order to deliver the highest image quality possible over the entire focusing range — from the minimum focusing distance to infinity — this lens features an newly designed, large ring-type SDM to efficiently drive the focusing mechanism, which consists of a larger number of optical elements than ordinary lenses, and is required to shift heavy rear-optical-element groups in unison. Generating a torque approximately 1.3 times that of the unit installed in the HD PENTAX-D FA50mm f1.4 SDM AW, this new SDM assures flawless, high-speed autofocus operation.
4. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with eight special seals to prevent the intrusion of water into the lens barrel. When paired with a dustproof, weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
5. Other features ・Nine-blade, round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect up to the F2.8 aperture setting, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources ・Exterior design that facilitates focus-ring operation in manual-focus shooting and provides a firm hold ・Electromagnetic diaphragm-control mechanism for flawless, high-precision exposure control during video recording ・SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and spots This mechanism is available when the lens is mounted on a K-1 Mark II, K-1, K-3 II, K-3, KP, K-70, K-50, K-S2 or K-S1 camera body. "
·Shipping charges are automatically calculated for orders shipped within the Continental USA.
·Orders shipped within the Continental USA are shipped via UPS Ground unless otherwise specified. We do offer other UPS services like Next Day Service as well as Two Day Rush Delivery Service.
·Orders shipped to an international destination or to a USA territory are shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS) Insured or Express.
·We do not take responsibility for the loss of packages shipped via USPS. However, we will make sure to take care of lost package claims.
·Most orders received prior to 2:00 P.M. are shipped within the same business day.