The popular series of fast, compact cameras, the Ricoh GR III Street Edition continues the legacy of being a pocketable powerhouse, offering impressive image quality, fast response, and immense portability.
Featuring a redeveloped imaging feature-set, the GR III incorporates a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and GR Engine 6 to realize smooth tonality, rich color and high sensitivity from ISO 100-102400, along with the ability to produce high-resolution 14-bit DNG stills or Full HD video.
Complementing the sensor design is an updated 28mm-equivalent prime lens, which features a bright f/2.8 design, to suit everyday shooting with a comfortably wide field of view.
- Camera body has a unique "asphalt-like" surface texture, which is achieved by a multi-layer spray process that provides a smooth-but-non-slippery feel.
- A striking yellow-orange has been chosen as the accent color to on the camera's ring cap. This specific yellow was chosen as it is reminiscent of traffic lines painted on streets.
- Distinct shutdown screen features a specially designed product logo and a street-view image that symbolizes the camera's "street snapshot" concept.
- In addition to the cosmetic differences, the GR III Street Edition also includes the Full Press Snap feature, which lets you instantly shift the focus point of the lens to a preselected position when the shutter release button is fully pressed. This function can also be assigned to the rear LCD, where you simply tap the touchscreen to quickly change focus, and ignore the standard AF process, to help intuitively capture fleeting moments.
- Two DB-110 batteries are included for longer shooting sessions.
- The hallmark feature of the GR-series has been its compact, pocketable size while still retaining a large image sensor and bright prime lens.
- Integrated 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD features a capacitive touchscreen design for intuitive, familiar operation during shooting, playback, and menu navigation.
- The rear layout of the camera has been completely redesigned and prioritizes a larger, more comfortable thumb grip along with easily accessible physical dials. Additionally, the ADJ lever, FN button, and Touch AF operations can be programmed to handle specific assignable functions for more personalized control.
- Start-up time has been reduced to 0.8 sec and Hybrid AF performance has been quickened for more seamless operation.
- Integrated Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi afford wireless connectivity between the camera and a paired mobile device, and allows you to embed location info within your files as well as transfer files to your mobile device, even when the camera is turned off.
- Included DB-110 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 200 shots per charge.
- USB Type-C port allows you to transfer files or recharge the battery in-camera.
Dedicated to the Ricoh GR III digital camera, the GC-9 Soft Case is a protective custom-fit case to guard your camera when not in use. It has a single flap with a snap closure to secure the camera in place and its soft design offers protection without being too bulky.
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 170 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
Here is what you get:
- Ricoh GR III Street Edition Digital Camera
- GN-1 Ring Cap (Street Edition)
- Ricoh GN-1 Ring Cap (Black)
- 2 x Ricoh DB-110 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.6V, 1350mAh)
- Ricoh I-USB166 USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- AC Plug
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Hand Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
- Limited 2-Year RescuePRO Deluxe Data Recovery
- Limited 30-Year Warranty in Germany and Canada
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- GR Engine 6
- 28mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Equivalent)
- 3-Axis Shake Reduction System
- 3.0" 1.037m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080/60p Video Recording
- Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi
- Hybrid AF System, Snap Focus Feature
- Street Edition Exterior Finish
- For GR III Digital Camera
- Protects Camera When Not in Use
- Quick Access Flap, Snap Closure
- 64GB Storage Capacity
- UHS-I / V30 / U3 / Class 10
- Max Read Speed: 170 MB/s
- Max Write Speed: 90 MB/s
- Min Write Speed: 30 MB/s
- Records Full HD, 3D, and 4K Video
- Built-In Write-Protect Switch
Ricoh GR III Digital Camera Specs
||Effective: 24.24 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
||6000 x 4000
|Image File Format
||18.3mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28mm)
3.94" to Infinity / 10 cm to Infinity
2.36" to 4.72" / 6 cm to 12 cm
||6 Elements in 4 Groups
||Auto, 100 to 102400
||1/4000 to 30 Seconds
0.17 to 20 Minutes in Time Mode
||Center-Weighted Average, Highlight, Multi, Spot
||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
Daylight, Fluorescent (Cool White)
Fluorescent (Warm White)
Multi Auto WB
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p
||Up to 25 Minutes
||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
|Viewfinder and Monitor
||Fixed Touchscreen LCD
Flash On w/ Red-Eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
|External Flash Connection
|Media/Memory Card Slot
||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC
||USB Type-C (USB 3.0)
||1 x DB-110 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1350 mAh (Approx. 200 Shots)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||4.3 x 2.4 x 1.3" / 109.4 x 61.9 x 33.2 mm
||9.07 oz / 257 g (Body with Battery and Memory)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||7 x 5.55 x 3.95"
Ricoh GC-9 Specs
|Type of Closure
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||6.75 x 3.65 x 1.95"
SanDisk 64GB UHS-I SDXC Specs
|UHS Speed Class
|Video Speed Class
Read Speed: 170 MB/s Maximum (Burst)
Write Speed: 90 MB/s Maximum (Burst)
Write Speed: 30 MB/s Minimum
||Shockproof, Temperature Extremes, Waterproof, X-Ray Proof
||-13 to 185°F/ -25 to 85°C
||-40 to 185°F/ -40 to 85°C
|Built-in Write-Protect Switch
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||6.05 x 4 x 0.65"